Friday, August 14, 2009

Our first trip to Idlewild

Robert and I went to Idlewild today. I hadn't been there in, well, I think Andrew, Kevin, and Sam were 8, 6, and 4, so that was what, 14 years ago? I am happy to report that nothing has changed in the intervening time except that I got older. Anyway, we had a great time after I figured out that putting my 22-month-old child on the rides by himself was only going to end in tears and emergency stoppage and rescuing. We rode a couple rides together, and I figure it won't take more than a couple years in therapy to work out the neuroses I created today.
First ride, right before it all went terribly wrong.

We rode the little train around the park and he LOVED that. And we got a couple good pics, which I loved.


Best picture of me taken in a long time... too bad Robert looked so cranky, but he had just literally had the you-know-what scared out of him.


But 5 minutes on the train makes it all better.

We had lunch and then went to the waterpark. Now, there is a reason why Idlewild has been voted the second best park for kids in the world; the waterpark was huge and fantastic, and had a great little kids's area. Robert wasn't sure about it at first, but he warmed up to it fast.

See you next year, Idlewild. We will definitely be back!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, such great memories!!
I am so pleased that there have been so many entries on your blog.... since I check every day,
Great pictures...thnaks!!
Carol

Unknown said...

Love the pictures. So glad you are making good memories for all of us! Hugs and kisses, Mom